Connecting to a remote database from localhost can be done in many ways. Here I am going to explain a very simple way to do so. That is, connecting a remote database using phpmyadmin in the local server.
To do so you need to follow the simple steps given below,
Note: Hope you guys have server installed in your local machine Xampp, Wamp etc. I am using xampp for the tutorial.
1. Open the XAMPP control panel. You can open it from the Xampp directory. (eg: C:\xampp ->xampp-control)
2. Click on the Config button on the right side of Apache and select PhpMyAdmin (config.inc) from the dropdown list.
3. Now you need to add the connection details in the config.inc document just before the php closing tag in the following format.
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = ''; //provide hostname and port if other than default
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = '';//user name for your remote server
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = '';//password
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'config';
4. Now save the document and restart the server.
5. Open phpmyadmin (localhost/phpmyadmin/) and you can see a section on the left sidebar “Current server:” with a dropdown list. From the list you can select the remote server and do the work.