Intex to Set up new Manufacturing Facility in Greater Noida

The Indian smartphone manufacturer, Intex, has decided to invest Rs 1,000 crores to set up a new manufacturing facility at Greater Noida in Uttar Pradesh. Apart from manufacturing, the company will also invest Rs 500 crores in research and development over the next few years.

The manufacturing facility includes over 2 million square feet area which would be ready in three years and will have a capacity to produce 35 million mobile phones. The upcoming facility will also produce Intex products other than mobile phones, which include LED televisions, washing machines, and other computer peripherals. Currently, Intex ha four manufacturing facilities in India- two in Jammu, one each at Baddi in Himachal Pradesh and Noida in Uttar Pradesh.

Intex has started manufacturing in India in 2001. Company is getting more revenue from mobile phone manufacturing. They are aiming to get a growth in revenue to Rs 8,000 crores in the current financial year. The company closed 2014-15 with a turnover of Rs. 4,000 crores. In this about 75 percent revenue came from mobile division. Other Intex products only contributed to the remaining 25 percent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letv Le1S smartphone, availlable at Rs 10,999 via Flipkart Exclusive- Flash sale on today 12 noon

How To Hack Any Android Game On Rooted Android Smartphone

Redmi 2 prime problems and solutions